Virtual MUN Institute
Learn the skills to lead in a changing world.
A Week at the Virtual Model UN Institute
The Virtual Model United Nations Institute prepares students to lead in a changing world. Students will practice their public speaking and debating skills, learn to negotiate diplomatically, and come up with solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges.
In one week, students will step into the shoes of a world leader and enjoy 15 hours of live classes facilitated by our Model UN Mentors. Classes include a mix of skill-building exercises and fun activities such as current events trivia and UN jeopardy.
To help students learn and connect with each other, students will be placed into breakout groups of 10 or fewer students where MUN Mentors will lead public speaking practice and provide personalized feedback. The week culminates in a final Model United Nations simulation. Students earn a Certificate of Completion at the end of the week.
All programs take place Monday to Friday from 1-4pm Eastern Time (10am-1pm Pacific Time). A typical week will look like this:
- Monday: Students start with icebreakers and jump straight into a Warm-up Debate. Students learn about the United Nations and research different countries.
- Tuesday: Students will get personalized feedback on public speaking structure. They learn how to negotiate and collaborate on Model UN resolutions.
- Wednesday: Students practice their public speaking style and engage in impromptu debate exercises. They learn Model UN procedure and prepare for the simulation.
- Thursday: The Model UN simulation begins! Students make Opening Speeches, debate different issues within the topic, and form alliances.
- Friday: The week culminates on the final day of the Model UN simulation! Students draft and present their resolutions and vote on which solutions will save the world!
High School students who want to enroll in multiple weeks should consider these program combinations:
- Diplomat June 22-26, Crisis June 29 - July 3, and Ambassador July 6-10
- Diplomat June 22-26, Ambassador July 6-10, and Crisis July 13-17
- Diplomat July 13-17, Ambassador July 20-24, Crisis July 27-31, and Student Leadership August 3-7
Middle School students who want to enroll in multiple weeks should consider these program combinations:
- Junior Diplomat June 22-26 and Junior Ambassador June 29 - July 3
- Junior Diplomat July 13-17, Junior Ambassador July 20-24, and Junior Crisis July 27-31
Tuition for the Virtual MUN Institute
Meet the Virtual MUN Institute Teachers
Best Delegate is a global education company that has provided online Model UN resources to more than 3 million participants including the weekly Model UN Online Debates. It runs the in-person Model UN Institute for nearly 1,000 students every summer. Our Virtual MUN Institute teachers are all of the same staff from our Model UN Institute! Meet just a few outstanding members of our team below!