Best Delegate LLC
Last Modified: February 15, 2021
Best Delegate LLC ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the websites bestdelegate.com and its affiliated websites, including mun.bestdelegate.com, muninstitute.com, modelun.education, muneducation.bestdelegate.com, and learnmodelun.com, (collectively, our “Websites”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Websites.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Websites, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Websites.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Websites are not intended for children under thirteen (13) years of age, and such use is prohibited. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or on or through any of its features, register on our Websites, make any purchases through our Websites, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
By using our Websites, you represent that you are at least 13 years old and that you understand you must be at least 13 years old in order to create an account and purchase goods or services through our Websites. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, local shared objects, files, tools and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you visit, or register on our Websites, we may ask you to provide information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as data from Cookies, Pixel Tags and Web Beacons, and Device Data. (“non-identifying information”); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage detail.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, making a purchases, or otherwise when you provide us with your personal information during your interaction with the site. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence including email addresses, if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Websites.
- Your search queries on our Websites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of our Websites, or transmitted to other users of our Websites or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages and you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Websites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Present our Websites and its contents to you.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites.
- Answer your questions and respond to your requests;
- Perform analytics and conduct consumer research.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not/may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites
We use location information that we collect to help deliver a better and more personalized service.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Websites, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, either the order form or the registration form. You can also always opt-out by logging into our Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address or contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, the order form, the registration form, or at any other time by logging into our Websites and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, the order form, or the registration form. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Websites and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from our Websites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on our Websites, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Websites that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Best Delegate LLC, 295 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10017.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Wherever we collect sensitive information such as credit card data, or payment transactions, that information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Websites like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Websites.